Skip to main content
- Veterans Services
- VetNet Ally Awareness Program, http://web.csulb.edu/divisions/students/veterans_university/awareness.html
- Campus Assessment, Response, and Evaluation for Students (CARES) Team
- 562.985.8670 • email@example.com • www.csulb.edu/cares
- Students who exhibit behaviors or disclose personal challenges in relation to their personal, physical, and emotional well-being should be referred to the CARES Team for connection to appropriate campus and community resources. Students exhibiting intimidating, disruptive, aggressive, or violent behaviors should also be referred to CARES, unless there is an immediate safety concern (at which time, follow up with UPD). In collaboration with students, the CARES Team will review all information available on the students’ behavior and background, to develop an individual action plan and provide on-going case management support.
- Counseling & Psychological Services (CAPS)
- 562.985.4001 • Location: Brotman Hall - 226• www.csulb.edu/caps
- Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) helps students meet the personal challenges associated with identifying and accomplishing academic, career, and life goals. Our services include short-term counseling for individuals, group counseling, career development counseling, referral services, psychoeducational workshops, and crisis intervention.
- Veteran's Crisis Line
- 800-273-8255 • Text to 838255 • https://www.veteranscrisisline.net/
- 24 hour hotline Connecting veterans in crisis and their families and friends with Department of Veterans Affairs responders through a confidential toll-free hotline, online chat, or text.
- Veterans First of Orange County
- 714-547-0615 • www.veteransfirstoc.org
- Comprehensive services for veterans, including bagged food for veterans, active duty military and their families.
- VA Hospital Long Beach, https://www.longbeach.va.gov/
- Vet Centers, https://www.vetcenter.va.gov/index.asp
- Center for Women Veterans, https://www.va.gov/womenvet/
- US Vets, https://www.usvetsinc.org/longbeach/=
- Soldier's Project, https://www.thesoldiersproject.org/
- Wounded Warrior Project, https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
- CalVet, https://www.calvet.ca.gov/veteran-services-benefits/employment
- AmVets, https://amvets.org/