Instructions for Transfer Applicants to the BFA in Interior Design
Applicants who meet the minimum major-specific requirements and competitive ranking based on the CSULB Supplemental Application will be invited to submit a portfolio electronically. Instructions for electronic submission of the portfolio and the deadline for submission will be communicated in the invitation. Applicants to the BFA in Interior Design must receive a positive recommendation from the faculty following review of the portfolio in order to be admitted into the option.
- Transfer applicants to the BFA in Interior Design must digitally submit samples of their creative work (4-6 examples of original work) online. The submitted digital images shall be of drawings, sketches, and/or renderings.
- Work samples must include a minimum of 2 examples of hand drawings by the applicant.
- Uploaded files can be no more than 5 MB each.
- Supported digital image formats are: .jpeg, .png, .gif, .tif, .tiff, .pdf, .bmp, .tga.
- Be aware that our online portfolio reviewing service processes all images so they fit within 1280 x 1280 pixel dimensions.
- Required for each image: Title, dimensions (H x W x L), medium, date, and if the work was done for a class assignment.
- A statement of 250-300 words or less is required on the portfolio submission form. This statement should address your portfolio and why you want to pursue a BFA major in Interior Design.
- Videos, where appropriate, can be embedded from Youtube or Vimeo, or you may upload them.
- Videos, if submitted, can be no larger than 60 MB.
- Supported video formats are: m4v, .mov, .mp4, .wmv, .flv, .asf, .mpeg, .mpg, .mkv