The CSULB College of the Arts and Department of Dance present Fall Dance Festival 2020 with live-streamed performances Friday, November 13 and November 20 at 7 pm (PST). Fall Dance Festival is our first virtual concert, entirely directed by the Undergraduate students of Senior Seminar. Our show features the work of 14 amazing student choreographers and esteemed faculty member Rebecca Lemme. Each night the Festival will premiere different pre-recorded works. For viewing, the concerts will be streamed on the CSULB Dance YouTube Channel. There will be a separate link that is accessible for blind, low vision, and neuro-divergent audience members with audio description and closed captioning. All dancers and choreographers involved in the presented works adhered to mandated CDC guidelines for the city of Long Beach involving COVID-19, including but not limited to social distancing protocols and screening for symptoms.
Program A: Friday, November 13th 7:00PM (PST)
Program B: Friday, November 20th 7:00PM (PST)
Subscribe to the CSULB Dance YouTube Channel
There will be a Q+A Session over Zoom with the choreographers, moderated by concert director, Kaelie Osorio, in collaboration with ASL interpreters from the student senior cohort at CSULB. This is an opportunity for audience members to get more perspective on each of the artists’ approach and process during this irregular time. Students especially are encouraged to stay and engage in this discussion. The Zoom link will be available to you in the description box of the YouTube streaming.
This event is a streaming FREE! You would need access to the Internet for the shows and a Zoom account for the Q+A session.
DONATIONS - Please consider supporting the Fall Dance Festival 2020 by making a donation to the CSULB Dance Scholarship fund. Any size donation is welcome and will make a positive impact on the artists’ education.
Visit our CSULB Dance Instagram Page to check out the latest posts about the Fall Dance Festival 2020!
Brianna Vasquez Brosnan, Nao Aizawa, & Breanna O’Neill
Student PR Team, Fall Dance Festival 2020
QUESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE
- I cannot make it to the streaming, will the show still be available?
- Yes! We are streaming at a specific time so that we can all have the similar experience of viewing a concert together, different places but at the same exact time. Even if you cannot make it to the listed show time or missed it, the show will still be available on the CSULB Dance YouTube Channel following the live stream.
- Is there a program for the show?
- Yes! The program will be available for you to view in the YouTube description box on the streaming video. It is also available for you to download as a PDF file on this event page. Click on the Tab named “Programs”.
- Do we have to register to view the concert?
- No! There is no need for you to register or confirm your spot. Please go to our CSULB Dance YouTube Channel and click on the streaming video.
- Is there an intermission?
- Is this show accessible to all viewers?
- Yes! There will be a separate link that is accessible for blind, low vision, and neuro-divergent audience members with audio description and closed captioning. The Q+A Session will be accompanied by CSULB ASL students to interpret any questions you may have. These students are not professional interpreters and will be monitored by CSULB faculty to guarantee clear communication on all ends.