Attention Graduate Students - LifeFit Graduate Assistant Position Announcement for Academic Year 22-23
The LifeFit Center @ The Beach and the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI) at CSULB are proud to offer a Graduate Assistant Award to a student pursuing academic and professional activities that support the research and application of improving quality of life among older adults in the Long Beach community. This award will provide funding to cover the recipient’s Fall & Spring tuition and fees, as well as provide a stipend to offset living expenses.
In addition, the recipient will be hired as a Graduate Student Assistant in the LifeFit Center. This is a paid position separate from the award during which the recipient will engage in experiential learning and research opportunities with LifeFit members and other older adults from the community of Long Beach.
Please contact Dr. Ayla Donlin, EdD (firstname.lastname@example.org), LifeFit Director, to receive additional information and application materials.
Application Deadline: Wednesday, August 3rd (8/3/22)
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
1. Enrolled for 6 units or more in a CSULB graduate program in kinesiology, gerontology, or a related field during the award semester
2. Hold a current CPR, AED, and First Aid certification
3. Hold a current, nationally recognized, accredited health or fitness certification (examples: group fitness instructor, personal trainer, or health coach)
4. Ability to work 20 hours/week at the LifeFit Center during the award semester(s)
Required Application Documents
1. Application Form
2. Current resume/CV
3. Current academic transcript (unofficial print out is acceptable)
4. Current course schedule confirming enrollment of 6 units or more
5. Completed SC-1 Form
6. Copy of current CPR, AED, & First Aid Certification
7. Copy of current health or fitness certification
. . .
Interested in interning or working at LifeFit?
LifeFit is always seeking highly motivated interns and student assistants in the following departments: Service Desk, Group Fitness, Personal Training, and Wellness Coaching.
If you have questions about interning or working at the LifeFit Center, please contact Dr. Ayla Donlin, LifeFit Director: email@example.com.