Upon completion of the POST Management Course, attendees can earn 6 units of upper division undergraduate college credit for the course through CSULB's College of Professional and International Education (CPIE). The units are not automatically given, you must register with the Center for Criminal Justice.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How do I earn college credit for the POST Management Course?
- Graduates of the course must complete the credit registration form and return the form to CSULB Center for Criminal Justice by email, firstname.lastname@example.org. The Center will verify your completion of the course and then forward your registration to CPIE for processing.
- Undergraduate Credit Registration Form (PDF)
- Graduate Credit Registration Form (PDF)
What happens after I submit my registration form to the Center for Criminal Justice?
- The Center for Criminal Justice confirms that you are an eligible graduate of the program. The application is sent to CPIE and they enter your student information in the campus database.
- If you have been a student at CSULB in the past than you will use the same student ID that you were provided then. If you have not been a student at CSULB than you will be provided a student ID number.
- CPIE will process payment and email you instructions on how to sign into MyCSULB, the campus' online information forum and BeachBoard, the campus' e-learning portal.
- At the end of the semester your credits will be added to your transcript.
- You will be assigned a grade of "credit." You will not receive a letter grade for these classes.
- At this time applications are only processed during the Summer semester.
How many college credits am I eligible for?
- You are eligible for 6 upper division undergraduate units in two courses: 3 units in CRJU 490: Management and 3 units in CRJU 490: Advanced Management. When you register for the course you must register for both courses. They cannot be split.
- You may also be eligible for 3 graduate units in CRJU 690: Advanced, Specialized Topics in Criminology and Criminal Justice.
- You may not obtain both the undergraduate and graduate credit. You are only eligible for one
How much does it cost?
- Undergraduate Credit - The cost per unit is $99, the total cost is $594. The college is waiving the registration fees for this course.
- Graduate Credit - The cost per unit is $315, the total cost is $945. The college is waiving the registration fees for this course.
Are past graduates of this course eligible to earn college credit?
No. You may only register for the credit during the academic school year in which you attended the POST Management Course.
Will I receive a transcript for this course work?
Yes, college transcripts are available at the end of the semester term through CSULB Enrollment Services. Please visit the CSULB Enrollment Services link to find out how to order transcripts and how to review unofficial transcripts.
Who do I contact if I have any questions about college credit?
For information, please contact the Center for Criminal Justice at CSULB or call 562.985.4940. They are the liaisons between all of the partners involved in this course.