This course meets the basic instructional skills training required to teach in the P.O.S.T. Regular Basic Course and for the Academy Instructor Certificate Program. Students will gain facilitation skills and an understanding of how to employ adult learning methodologies appropriate for various law enforcement topics.
- All attendees must be within 50 miles from the training site, no TRRs will be accepted.
- All attendees must be instructors in the Regional Basic Course (RBC) or assigned as an instructor to an upcoming course. A letter of intent from the academy coordinator will be required upon registration.
- The registration list will be reviewed by POST prior to the presentation of the course to ensure instructor status.
$225.00 - 32 Hours, POST Plan V (No tuition for POST-reimbursable agencies)
2020 - 2021 Dates
Course Control Number
Sheraton Garden Grove
12221 Harbor Blvd
Garden Grove, CA 92840
Because classes fill up quickly, we strongly encourage registering as soon as possible. Please have your training department call (562) 985-4940 or email the Center for Criminal Justice to make your reservations. If you make a reservation via email please include the following information:
- Name and Date of Class
- Training Managers Name
- Training Managers Phone Number
- Training Managers Email Address
- Agency Name
- Name of Attendee(s)
- POST ID # for Attendee(s)
- Letter of intent to teach at a POST Certified Academy
You will receive a confirmation email letting you know that we have registered you for the class. Reservations are on a first come first serve basis, a waitlist will be established once the maximum number of students has been met.
- Analyze the Basic Course Instructional System
- Roles and Responsibilities of Law Enforcement Training Instructors
- Adult Learning Concepts
- Generation Differences
- Lesson Plan Designing
- Presentation Skills
- Facilitation Skills
- Effective Use of Learning Resources
- Effective Use of Training Aids
- Development of Evaluation Techniques
- Instructional Ethics
- Legal Issues
- Safety Protocols
- Developing Critical Thinking Skills
- Developing Collaborative Learning Skills