Service Learning for all instructors whose students will be requesting service-learning placement:
- All students must be cleared for placement. 1) A current copy of a TB test certificate (within the last 12 months), 2) register online with the S4 @ the Beach placement system and 3) Fingerprinting (Livescan) and Certificate of Clearance with the Commision on Teacher Credentialing.
Late Applications/Requests for Placements must be accompanied by a written request signed by the professor. Placement not guaranteed during current semester.
- All students are required to obtain a Certificate of Clearance from the Commission on Teacher Credentialing. Students requesting placement in Long Beach Unified School District will need additional fingerprinting at the district offce. Student requesting other partnering school districts will need to obtain a CTC Clearance.
- All students will need a valid TB test on file.
- Students may request placement in any of our SERVE Partnering Districts and will be placed in the corresponding schools by each District Office.
- Students may request placement in conjunction with their paid aide position. Students will need to obtain a letter of request for fieldwork placement by their cooperating teacher or principal.