Make research a part of your CSULB training.
Informational Sessions will be held on Oct. 24 and 25, and Nov. 7, 2018, from 11 am to 12 pm.
Learn about mentored research training opportunities on campus and how you can apply to CSULB BUILD, MARC U*STAR or RISE. These training programs are available to undergraduate students interested in pursuing careers and advanced degrees in health-related research and are from the Colleges of Health and Human Services, Liberal Arts, Engineering, and Natural Sciences and Mathematics. Some of the benefits these programs offer to undergraduate students include:
- Mentored Research Training with Faculty
- Graduate Study and Application Support
- Priority Registration
- Research Courses
- Receive a Salary or Stipend
- Tuition Support
- Conference Travel Support
Although all three sessions will include information for anyone interested in research training opportunities, the following sessions will have additional information tailored to undergraduate students in specific colleges:
- The session on Wednesday, October 24, held in the BUILD Center, will have additional information of particular interest to undergraduate students in the Colleges of Natural Sciences and Math and Engineering.
- The session on Thursday, October 25, held in the BUILD Center, will have additional information of particular interest to undergraduate students in the Colleges of Health and Human Services and Liberal Arts.
- The session on Wednesday, November 7, held in the BUILD Center, will have information for everyone.
If you can't make it to a session tailored to your college, feel free to attend the other sessions as the basic information you need to decide if these programs are for you will be the same.
These programs are available to undergraduate students interested in advanced degrees in health-related research and are from the Colleges of Engineering, Health and Human Services, Liberal Arts, or Natural Sciences and Mathematics. These sessions are open to all but presentations will focus on research from certain colleges. No registration is needed to attend.
BUILD Participated in Week of Welcome
CSULB BUILD had tables at Week of Welcome events.
- Fall Week of Welcome: Wednesday, September 5, and Thursday, September 6, 11 am – 2 pm, Central Quad
Did You Miss a Live Session?
You can still get the information you need from our new Virtual Information Session. Click on the image to play the video in a pop-over window. Look below the image for time markers for main segments of the video and for links mentioned in the video.
NOTE: The video below contains outdated information. A new video will be posted soon.
To help you navigate to the specific segments of the video that you may wish to view again, here are some key time markers:
1:37 - BUILD Overview Video
4:35 - Research Program Eligibility
7:15 - Dr. Pannada Marayong Video
8:52 - Dr. Kelly Young Video
10:34 - Dr. May Ling Halim Video
12:15 - Dr. Joshua Cotter Video
14:06 - Who are potential trainees?
15:12 - Benefits of research training
19:28 - Alternative research training opportunities
20:50 - Research curriculum courses
21:37 - RISE program
25:40 - BUILD program
25:49 - Wilma Figueroa's (BUILD Student) perspective
27:46 - BUILD overview
29:00 - Which BUILD program is right for me?
32:06 - RISE program
35:08 - Joint Application Timeline
36:26 - Application checklist
38:31 - Thank you!
Here are the documents mentioned in the video:
For more information, contact Alex Garbanati at firstname.lastname@example.org or (562) 985-5725.