Managing Grades Event Logs
Event Logs maintain a record of changes made to your grade book. They can be useful when auditing a grade book, managing teaching assistants and discussing grades with users.
- User Grades Event Log records all of the changes made to a particular user's grades.
- Grade Item Even Log records changes to users' grades on a single grade item.
- Final Grade Event Log records changes to users’ final grades.
- Manage Grades Event Log records changes made to the properties or restrictions of a specific grade item
Event Log for All Items and Categories within the Manage Grades Section
Accessing an Event Log from the Manage Grades tab will bring up a record of all changes made to the properties of the various grade items. To access this log from the Manage Grades section, click the More Actions drop-down button and select Event Log.
NOTE: You can bring up this same log by click the More Actions drop-down
Event Log for a Single Item or Category within the Manage Grades Section
Accessing an Event Log for a single item or category in Manage Grades will bring up a record of all changes made to the properties of that particular item or category. To access a single log for an item/category from the Manage Grades section, click the drop-down arrow next to any item and select Event Log.
Restoring Deleted Grade Items or Categories
Any deleted items noted in the log can be restored by clicking Restore. Note: Deleted grade items will be restored with all grades that were saved in the grade book at the time of the item’s deletion.
You can access an Event Log with a record of all inputted grades for every student within a grade item. Note: This log will keep a history of each grade successfully saved for each student but there is no option to restore those grades. Once the change is saved, you will need to manually re-input an older grade in the case of a mistake. To access this log:
- From the Manage Grades page, click the drop-down arrow next to a grade item and select Enter Grades.Image
- Click the drop-down arrow next to the grade item's name at the top and select Event Log.Image