Event Logs maintain a record of changes made to your grade book. They can be useful when auditing a grade book, managing teaching assistants and discussing grades with users.
- User Grades Event Log records all of the changes made to a particular user's grades.
- Grade Item Even Log records changes to users' grades on a single grade item.
- Final Grade Event Log records changes to users’ final grades.
- Manage Grades Event Log records changes made to the properties or restrictions of a specific grade item
Accessing the Event Log from the Manage Grades Section
Event Log for All Items and Categories within the Manage Grades Section
Accessing an Event Log from the Manage Grades tab will bring up a record of all changes made to the properties of the various grade items. To access this log from the Manage Grades section, click the More Actions drop-down button and select Event Log.
NOTE: You can bring up this same log by click the More Actions drop-down
Event Log for a Single Item or Category within the Manage Grades Section
Accessing an Event Log for a single item or category in Manage Grades will bring up a record of all changes made to the properties of that particular item or category. To access a single log for an item/category from the Manage Grades section, click the drop-down arrow next to any item and select Event Log.
Restoring Deleted Grade Items or Categories
Any deleted items noted in the log can be restored by clicking Restore. Note: Deleted grade items will be restored with all grades that were saved in the grade book at the time of the item’s deletion.
Access the Event Log for all Students’ Grades on a Grade Item
You can access an Event Log with a record of all inputted grades for every student within a grade item. Note: This log will keep a history of each grade successfully saved for each student but there is no option to restore those grades. Once the change is saved, you will need to manually re-input an older grade in the case of a mistake. To access this log:
- From the Manage Grades page, click the drop-down arrow next to a grade item and select Enter Grades.
- Click the drop-down arrow next to the grade item's name at the top and select Event Log.