Setting Survey Layout and Questions
The structure and layout of the survey are shown in the Layout/Questions tab:
- From within a survey, click the Properties tab.
- Click the Add/Edit Questions button to add or remove questions or sections to this survey.
Marking Questions in a Survey as Mandatory
If a question is marked as mandatory, respondents cannot submit the survey until they have answered the question.
- On the Properties tab, click the Edit Values button.
- Select the Mandatory check box beside the questions you want to force respondents to answer.
Note: Mandatory questions cannot be used in conjunction with the Prevent Moving Backwards setting.
Prevent Moving Backwards in a Survey
You can prevent respondents from returning to previous pages as they complete a survey so that they can only move forward until they reach the end of the survey.
- On the Properties tab, click the gray lines between questions to divide your survey into pages.
- Select the Prevent moving backward through pages check box.
- Click Save Survey.
Note: This setting cannot be used if your survey has any mandatory questions.
- From the Manage Surveys page, click More Actions, then click Reorder.
- Select a survey name and select the desired order of the surveys to the right.
- Click Save.
Previewing a Survey
- From the Manage Surveys page, click the drop-down arrow, then click the Preview icon beside a survey name. You are shown the survey questions as users would see them. It is always a good idea to preview a survey before releasing it to users.
- Click the Survey List icon to return to the Manage Surveys page.
Note: When previewing a survey, you are not shown any introduction message that you have set up. If you answer and save the questions you will not return any results.
- From the Manage Surveys page, click More Actions, then click Delete.
- Check the box(es) beside the survey(s) you want to delete.
- Click Delete.