Creating Survey Questions
- Select the Survey link from your course navbar. (See Navigation to add a link to the navigation bar.)
- Click the New Survey icon to create a new survey, or select the name of the survey you want to edit from the list.
The Properties tab displays by default when you create or edit a survey.
- Type a Name for your survey.
- If the give instant feedback box is checked, users will receive feedback immediately after answering a question.
- Check the Anonymous option to hide user data in survey results. The responses to survey questions are available for all users, but the system will not report who made what response.
Note: Once a survey is made anonymous, it cannot be undone.
- Enter a text message to be displayed to users at the top of the survey in the Description field.
- Enter text in the Footer Message field that is shown to users at the end of the survey.
- In the Submission Message text box, add a message that is shown to users after survey completion.
- Click Invite Participants to send registered users an email inviting them to take the survey. This email will include a link to the survey.
- Click Save.
Use the Special Access feature to override the availability settings of a survey for specified individuals. You can also use Special Access to restrict a survey only to identified users.
- Click on the Restrictions tab.
- Under Advanced Availability, select either:
- Allow selected users special access to this survey - this option makes the survey available to selected users during a special time period
- Allow only users with special access to see this survey - this option limits access to specified users and prevents other users from accessing the survey.
- Click the Add Users to Special Access button.
- If you want to make the survey available to selected users during a special time period, select either Start Date and/or End Date and choose the dates.
- Check the boxes beside the users you want to assign special access to.
- Click Add Special Access.
- Click Save and Close or Save to save the survey.