Creating a New Folder
- In the Manage Files area, navigate to the folder where you want to add a new folder.
- Click the New Folder icon on the folder bar. A folder appears in the file grid with the default name, New Folder.
- Type a new folder name and press Enter. The new folder appears in the folder tree and in the location you chose to create it.
- Note: Avoid using multiple consecutive periods when naming folders as they might cause links to break.
Creating HTML and TXT Files in 'Manage Files'
You can create and edit HTML and TXT files directly from Manage Files.
- In the Manage Files area, navigate to the folder where you want add a new file.
- Click the New File icon from the folder bar.
- Enter a File Name and create your content using the HTML Editor. To create a TXT file, append .TXT to your file name.
- Click Create.
Creating a Content Topic in 'Manage Files'
You can create a content topic using a file directly from Manage Files. In Manage Files, a link icon displays beside files in use as content topics.
- Select the file or files that you want to designate as a topic or topics.
- Click the Add Content Topic icon from the action bar.
- From the Add Multiple Topics page, choose the parent module for the topics, change the topic titles if desired, and click Add.
- Choose the parent module for the topics,
- Change the topic titles if desired, and
- Click Add.
- Note: If you rename a file that is a topic used in your course, it automatically updates the file reference in the Manage Content area.