Course Builder in BeachBoard
Course Builder enables you to interact with your course materials, learning experiences and assessments in one consolidated interface so you can visualize and review your entire course at once. The Course Builder interface is straightforward and efficient, transforming the process of course design and set-up from multiple steps in different tools into simple one-step actions. Whether you're starting from scratch or updating existing courses, Course Builder is an excellent tool for planning and organizing course materials.
As you build your course, Course Builder interacts with the following BeachBoard tools:
- Manage Files
Course Builder also extends instructional design guidance provided by the Instructional Design Wizard by implementing and displaying the blueprint you create in the wizard. If you decide not to use the Instructional Design Wizard, Course Builder still enables you to incorporate instructional design best practices when planning your course. As you build your course outline with modules and placeholders, you can add notes to each module and placeholder summarizing your course goals and learning objectives. When you are ready, you can populate your outline by creating appropriate lessons and activities within Course Builder.
To access: Do one of the following:
- Click on Course Builder under Design in the Course Administration widget. (See Widgets to add the Course Administration widget)
- Click Edit Course from your course navbar and click Course Builder.
- Click Course Builder from the navbar. (See Navigation to add Course Builder to your navbar)
Course Builder Help Topics
- Understanding the Organization of Course Builder
- Understanding Nodes, Modules, Placeholders and Objects
- Understanding the Relationship Between Course Builder and Content
- Managing Nodes on the Course Tree
- Building and Managing your Course Structure
- Creating and Editing Objects