BeachBoard course templates assist faculty in expediting their course development process. These pre-built frameworks, created by ATS instructional design experts, adhere to evidence-based, Quality Assurance standards. The templates can be easily adapted to various types of subject matter or modes of instruction, including face-to-face instruction.
Instructions for Requesting Templates
1. View Sample Templates in BeachBoard
The sample templates are displayed in an active Beachboard site so you can interact with the features to determine which one would work best to request for your course. However, this site is only a "showcase"-- and you cannot edit or modify the templates. Submit a separate request to ATS to have the template of your choice imported into your course after reviewing this sample/showcase site:
To access and view the samples:
1. Log in to BeachBoard and select the "Resources" tab in the navigation bar of the homepage.
2. In the Resources dropdown menu, select "Discover:"
3. Select the "Online Course Template" link from the Discover menu item:
4. Select the blue "Open Course" button:
5. You are now in the online template "course."
6. Interact with any of the four template designs to decide which one best fits your needs:
2. Review Design Options
Choose from five different designs, each offering unique features and organizational structures to meet your course needs.
Basic Template for Beginners:
3. Request a Template for Your Course
- After reviewing the sample templates in BeachBoard, SUBMIT A REQUEST to have the design option of your choice imported into your BeachBoard course.
- Once imported, you can edit and insert your own content to modify the template to fit your needs (see instructions below)
4. Modify the Template in Your Course
After the template has been imported into your existing course, you can modify / edit it with your own course content and delete any parts of the template design you will not need.
How to Modify Your Course Template: