The lab is located on the 2nd floor of the USU in the Long Beach Ballroom. Please enter through the adjacent Alamitos Bay Room doors which can be accessed from the building's exterior. Review the USU directory map for exact location.
Advance reservations and the COVID pre-screening are required. Reservations can be made for a maximum of 3 hours at a time. Students will need both their campus ID and campus email address (@student.csulb.edu) to book the reservation.
- Log in to Microsoft Bookings; choose a time and date.
- Save the reservation confirmation sent to your email to present during check in.
- Complete the online COVID Pre-Screen Form available on your Single-Sign-On (SSO) dashboard and present the email confirmation upon entry to the lab.
Health and Safety Protocols in the Lab
In keeping with campus guidelines for COVID-19, students' health is top priority for maintaining this resource.
- Before entering the lab, students will be asked to pass a temperature check.
- Face masks are required to be worn at all times in the lab.
- Lab staff will perform regular cleaning protocols on all workstations and high traffic surfaces.
- Workstations are arranged at least 6ft. apart and no more than 20 students will be allowed in the room at a time.
The following equipment is available in the lab. Students are free to choose any open workstation:
- 20 Windows PCs
- 2 iMacs
- 2 print stations (black & white)
Computers will be configured with standard campus licensed software, including:
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Adobe Creative Suite (basics)
- Chrome Browser