ATS Open House - Fall 2019
Thursday, September 26
CSULB faculty and staff are invited to this annual 'house warming' event to network with colleagues and get better acquainted with Academic Technology Services. This year, we're kicking off with an interactive faculty panel discussion.
Let us know if you can join either or both activities:
Re-Thinking the Classroom
10am-11am | @AS Bldg., Anatol Center
In collaboration with The CSULB Faculty Center
Dr. Malcolm Finney
The Faculty Center
Dr. Sheryl Hathaway
Panelists will present practical insights and key learnings about what technology looks like in the classroom. Follow the links below to learn more about each panelist.
Dr. Sherry Span
Dr. Birgit Penzenstadler
11am-1pm | @AS Bldg., Room 120
Tour our newly remodeled spaces and experience hands-on demonstrations of classroom technology. Come and go as you please, but we hope you'll stay awhile to network with colleagues and discover new tools for the classroom.
- Active Learning Classroom (ALC): Experience a model ALC and a display of classroom AV equipment available for checkout.
- BeachBoard Support Desk: Observe our BeachBoard Support experts in action! Sign up for a personal training session on the Beachboard tools you need to streamline your course management and help students learn.
- Instructional / Course Design Resources: Meet our Instructional Designers and find out how they can partner with you to develop online course materials that will engage students and meet learning objectives.
- The Learning Studio: Get a first look at our new studio where we’ll explore emerging technology tools and how they can be used in the classroom. See demonstrations of a Virtual Classroom, Learning Glass and lecture recording, and our new Whisper Room.
- Software Depot: Discover the variety of software tools available to faculty on a complementary basis through campus license agreements. Find out how ATS can assist you with developing surveys for research or measuring students engagement using Qualtrics.