Advising and tutoring options are available. Please reach out to a unit to see possible in-person or virtual opportunities.
College and Department Advising
Already have a major? Know what you want to study at CSULB but need information about major requirements? Your college and department advisors are eager to help.
University Center for Undergraduate Advising
The University Center for Undergraduate Advising can help you if you:
- Need help choosing a major
- Are undeclared and need help understanding General Education requirements
- Need to enroll in a reinstatement workshop
- Are on academic probation and need to enroll in a Strategies for Success workshop
The Learning Center - Tutoring and Supplemental Instruction
Whether you are struggling to get a “C” or making sure you keep an “A,” the Learning Center has four programs that can help you...
- Connect with an Academic Coach to develop your learning skills and study more effectively
- Enhance English language and writing skills with Individual Language & Writing Tutoring
- Review subject matter content with Individual & Drop-In Tutoring
- Succeed in a challenging course by enrolling in a Supplemental Instruction class
The Graduate Center provides graduate school related resources and events for prospective and current post-bac students related to graduate studies.
University Writing Center
Offers a variety of tutoring services and workshops for students across the campus, from one-on-one in-depth consultations to drop-in hours where you can get quick answers to your writing questions to workshops on taking the GPE, writing strong arguments, and proofreading for error-free writing.
Graduation Writing Assessment Requirement
Having difficulty finding time to fulfill the Graduation Writing Assessment Requirement (GWAR), or successfully passing the Writing Proficiency Examination? A GWAR advisor can help.
University Honors Program
Have a GPA 3.5 or greater and looking for academic challenges? Visit the University Honors Program.