In light of concerns regarding COVID-19 and the transition to alternative modes of instruction, we wanted to share some updates about what we’re doing in Enrollment Services to support students, faculty, and staff. We will continue to keep this page updated with important information.
We’ve noted which changes were for Spring 2020 only. Signature requirements for forms will no longer be waived.
- Please see our Forms webpage for information about completing forms online.
- Spring 2020 only: Signature requirements for some forms were temporarily waived. For Summer 2020 and Fall 2020, students will need to obtain the required signatures before submitting forms electronically.
- Students will need to use the new online form to withdraw from any classes. Forms will automatically be sent to instructors and other required approvers.
- Instructors will need to review withdrawal requests using the Faculty Center, following the instructions to approve or deny requests.
Credit/No Credit (CR/NC) Grading Option
- Spring 2020 only: The Provost outlined alternative grading options for Spring 2020 classes.
- Faculty may initiate an Incomplete Contract from their Class Roster (at any point during the term) or Grade Roster in Faculty Center. Please see Class Roster and Grade Roster for more details.
- Spring 2020 only: Incomplete contracts with deadlines in Spring 2020 or Summer 2020 for students who were not expected to graduate in Spring 2020 or Summer 2020 were extended until the end of the Fall 2020 semester (December 24).
- Spring 2020 only: If an Incomplete (I) grade was assigned for a Spring 2020 course eligible for the CR/NC policy, students will have up to one calendar year — or earlier, depending on the deadline set in the Incomplete contract — to complete the course work. Once the grade is issued, the student must contact the instructor within two weeks of grade issuance to request a CR/NC grade if they wish to convert.
- We want to strongly advise graduating students against withdrawing from courses or pursuing incompletes if at all possible in order to avoid delaying their graduation. To assist you in identifying these students, we have added a new column labeled “Graduation Candidate” on your Class Roster and Grade Roster in Faculty Center.
- For our graduate students, we do not allow a student to switch their choice of a culminating activity after they started progress on that activity. If you also have the option for a project or a comprehensive examination, and you have a graduate student in your program that is unable to finish thesis data collection due to the Safer at Home restrictions, then a change from thesis to project or comprehensive option will be approved. Please make that change via the Advisor Request System (ARS).
Fall 2020 Registration
- Students will be able to register up to a maximum of 18 units for Fall 2020.
- Enrollment Services partnered with Student Financial Services to offer a more student-friendly payment deadline—in short, students who register by June 30 have until July 15 to pay in full, pay a $500 deposit (and enroll in payment plan or pay remaining balance by August 12), or accept their FA offer.
- New students begin registering for Fall 2020 in June at SOAR, so continuing students should register soon to get their ideal schedules.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work together through these unprecedented times, and please do not hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or concerns.