- Access to library books and other materials in open collections
- Access to federal and state government publications
- Assistance in locating collections and services
- Reference assistance including basic instruction for the online catalog
- Referrals to library collections and services outside of the CSULB Library
- Access to OneSearch, a web based catalog
- Access to most of our academic databases from designated computers in the Spidell Technology Center, with a 90-minute guest pass. (A government issued photo ID will be required to register.)
- Self-service photocopying (10¢ per page)
While we strive to create accounts on demand, technological or personnel issues may result in a delay, and there may be times when we cannot issue new library accounts. Thank you for your patience in this matter. In order to apply for an account, you must provide your Social Security number. Community Borrowers must have their Social Security card with them at the time of application. A government issued photo I.D. will be required to register.
Services NOT Available to visitors:
- WIFI internet access
- Spidell Technology Center (can only access with a 90 minute guest pass)
- Interlibrary loan (CSU+, BeachReach, and LINK+ services)
- Access to Course Reserve materials
- Course-specific instruction
- Remote access to our licensed databases (We do have a list of open-access/free databases that can be accessed remotely)
- Access to Library scanners
Any services not specifically authorized on this page are prohibited.
The Library’s goal is to provide access to our patrons. Visitors with disabilities should speak to our staff at Circulation regarding their accommodation requests. Reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed in accordance with University policy.
Please see the Faculty Services guide for more information.