FACULTY UNIVERSITY SERVICE OPPORTUNITY
The Office of Sustainability is seeking faculty members to serve as Official Judges for the upcoming Sustainability Project Showcase. Judges are needed who have expertise related to each of the following project category areas:
- Fine Arts/Performances
- Business & Marketing
- Environmental or Natural Science(s)
- Public Policy, Education or Social Sciences
One faculty judge is needed for each of these project category areas. NOTE: Faculty who have current students participating in the showcase are not eligible to serve as judges.
The purpose of the Sustainability Project Showcase is to highlight and recognize student projects representing a wide variety of disciplines that explore sustainability concepts and/or solutions. The showcase is the focal point of the annual Green Generation Mixer which is now in its 8th year. What began as a simple display of a handful of projects has evolved to become a large-scale showcase of student work with a judging component and the awarding of prizes for best in show.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF JUDGES
Judges will be required to:
- Connect with the Sustainability Coordinator (via phone or in person meeting) sometime before Friday, March 22nd.
- Allocate a minimum of 2 hours between 11 am and 3:30 pm to review projects in your designated category at the Japanese Garden on the day of the event: Wednesday, April 24th
- Complete project review and return judging form to Sustainability Coordinator by 3:30 pm on day of event: Wednesday, April 24th
- Be present at the Green Generation Mixer event on Wednesday, April 24th during the project award announcements from 5:30 - 6pm.
- If applicable, review digital project submissions in your category (e.g. videos posted online) sometime between April 22th and April 24th at 3:30 pm
- Judges will receive a letter of thanks and a certificate of appreciation for their contribution to the event
- Judges may also be asked to serve again in future years
HOW TO APPLY
Interested faculty should email Sustainability Coordinator Holli Fajack at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate your area of expertise and the project category you would like to judge.