Free Unlimited Access
CSULB faculty, students and staff now have free, unlimited access to Lynda.com, a leading online learning company that provides business, software, technology and creative skills training led by recognized industry experts. The site allows you to brush up on existing skills or learn new subjects.
To get started with Lynda.com, login with your Beach ID and password via CSULB Single Sign-On.
How can Lynda.com help me?
Finding Content on Lynda.com
After logging in to Lynda.com, you'll be able to access the site's library of courses from the 'Library' link or search bar. There's a lot of material, so if you're looking for something in particular, or at a specific expertise level use the sorting and filtering links on a topic's page to hone in on a target course.
Lynda.com also offers a playlist center, featuring popular training collections categorized by topic.
Share Lynda.com with Others
To share a single video:
- select the 'Share' link above any video
- select the appropriate tab to share the link via email or a web link
To create a playlist:
- add any video to your own playlist by using the 'Playlist' link above any video
- add as many videos and courses as you'd like
- manage the list by clicking your name in the upper right corner of the screen, and then selecting 'Playlists'
Sharing your Playlist
- click 'Make Public'
- click the 'Share' link
- choose how you'd like to distribute the list
Where to go for Support
Lynda.com provides online support with:
- an entire course dedicated to the site's basics
- an extensive support section
- an overview of frequently asked questions
However, if you are having difficulty logging in with your Beach ID and password, please contact the Technology Help Desk.