Tools for the Elizabeth Murray Project
This site offers a number of tools for students and educators, available by using the left menu bar:
- Glossary: This section offers a list of terms that appear on this site, many of them with distinctive eighteenth-century definitions.
- How to use primary sources: Here you will find a set of guidelines and recommendations on source analysis; also see the "Lesson Plans" section of the site, under "Teaching Resources," for handouts to accompany specific sources.
- Evaluating web pages: The increasing reliance on the internet for research purposes requires that students and educators practice careful and critical site analysis. Here you will find our set of web page evaluation guidelines, as well as links to a number of helpful sites with additional critical tools and internet vocabulary lists.
- Timeline: This timeline provides two chronologies, one of Elizabeth Murray's life and key moments in it, and the other a larger framework of the eighteenth century.
- Links: The web has become a rich resource for history and education. Here you will find a list of highly recommended sites.