The Library is a limited-access mail-order facility. To see if your California university, agency, training academy, or training center is a participant, check the PARTNERS list. You need not be a borrowing partner to use the database for bibliographic citation or research purposes. In general, authorized borrowers include:
- Graduate and Undergraduate programs at CalSWEC member universities and affiliated distance education sites
- The following private California institutions: Azusa Pacific University, La Sierra University, Pacific Union College, Whittier College
- California Public Child Welfare Agencies
- California Regional Training Academies
- California Inter-University Consortium members
- CalSWEC Field Supervisors
- Each school/agency designates a Library liaison who oversees loan requests.
- All borrowers may contact the Library with questions about the holdings and may submit orders directly to the Library.
- Orders are shipped to the Liaison who distributes the materials.
- Items must be returned via first class insured mail at the borrower's expense. A Library return addres mailing label is included with each order.
- Books are checked out for 4 weeks, videotapes, DVDs/CD-ROMs, and audiocassettes for 3 weeks. Renewals on books are subject to availability (contact the Library). Videotapes, DVDs, CD-ROMS, and audiocassettes may not be renewed. To avoid a fine, postmark returns by the due date stamped on the item(s).
Fine and Fee Policies
- Late returns will be fined $.25 per item per day (excluding weekends and holidays).
- Lost items that are the borrower's responsibility will be charged to the borrower at the replacement cost of the item, a processing fee ($10), plus any overdue charges. Lost items that are the postal system's responsibility will only be charged any overdue fees (i.e., if the item was mailed late).
- Damaged items that are the borrower's responsibility will be charged a minimun $5 service fee for repairs up to the full cost of replacing the item plus a processing fee ($10), plus any overdue charges. Damaged items that are the postal system's responsibility will only be charged any overdue fees (i.e., if the item was mailed late).
- Fines will be itemized and invoiced twice a year, in December and June. Fines are payable within 30 days. Checks should be made payable to CSULB Foundation and sent to the Library. The Library can also accept MasterCard, Visa, and American Express payments.
Additional Policy for Field Supervisors
Fines will be enforced by the Library on behalf of the
California Social Work Eductation Center.
For questions about the California Child Welfare Resource Library contact
Last modified: 11 February 2008