The warehouse department is responsible for the warehouse function with Facilities Management.
A significant percentage of the required maintenance and repair materials are located and managed within a secured warehouse in the Facilities Management corporation yard.
Inventory levels are tracked by our integrated facilities work management system. Minimum and maximum levels are established by analysis of historical usage data, warehouse space utilization and availability, return on investment, and available funding.
Random physical inventory checks are conducted throughout the fiscal year and an annual physical inventory count is conducted each year by an outside agency and is forwarded to the University Financial Reporting and Planning administrator for review and evaluation.
Services provided by the department include:
- Locate and order parts and materials.
- Coordinate pickup and delivery of all parts and materials.
- Accountability for inventory of tools, equipment, materials and supplies.
- Coordinate disposal of small portable batteries and printer toner.
- Coordinate the receipt and distribution of parts, material and supplies.
- Responsibility for all record keeping (reports, logs, etc.) of inventory.
- Responsibility for maintaining the warehouse, keeping it clean and organized at all times.
- Responsibility for fuel management for all vehicles at Plant Operations.
- Keep maintenance hardware inventory in stock.
- Pick up parts off campus.
- Track and keep tool inventory annually.
- Track and inventory all refrigerants.
- Input data on parts into centralized computer system and correlate it with work requests in the system for expense tracking associated with the work orders.