Call for nominations for four Academic Affairs achievement awards – two faculty awards and two student awards – to be presented at the University Achievement Awards & Celebration of Instruction, Research, Creative Activity and Service in mid-April (TBD).
Deadline for Submissions: Nominations and supporting information should be submitted to the respective College Dean’s Office by 5 pm Friday, November 16, 2018. Nomination packages and college recommendation should be submitted via ORSP-Research @csulb.edu on Friday, January 25, 2019. (Attention: The January 18th, 2019 Nomination packages and college recommendation submission deadline has been extended to Friday, January 25, 2019)
Academic Affairs’ Award for Impact Accomplishment of the Year in Research, Scholarly & Creative Activity
Created in 2008 to honor research, scholarly or creative work conducted within the previous 18 months. Examples of accomplishments that may be included as evidence:
- Peer-reviewed publications such as journal articles or books authored by faculty;
- Scholarly and creative activities demonstrated or created by faculty;
- Research/creative activity projects recognized in writing by peers in the same discipline.
Academic Affairs’ Award for Outstanding Faculty Mentor for Student Engagement in Research, Scholarly & Creative Activity
Established in 2008 to honor student mentoring within the previous 18 months. The following are examples of accomplishments that may be included as evidence:
- Peer-reviewed publications/creative activities jointly authored or created with students;
- Supervision of students leading to peer-reviewed publications or creative outcomes by the students;
- Research/creative activity projects with students and/or supervision of student research or theses;
- Achievements of previous students that the former students themselves attribute in writing to the candidate.
Faculty Award Nomination process
Nominations should be sent to the Colleges and should contain the following for each faculty award:
- Nomination letter: not to exceed two pages in length. The nature of the research, scholarly or creative accomplishment or achievements in student research mentorship should be described followed by details justifying the unique nature of the accomplishment.
- Acceptance letter from nominee together with current CV of nominee
Outstanding Research, Scholarly and Creative Activity Student - Undergraduate Division & Graduate Division
Nominations for the two student awards should contain the following information:
- Nomination letter (Faculty): not to exceed two pages in length. The nature of the student’s research, scholarly or creative activity should be described indicating the unique nature of their accomplishment.
- Letter of application (Student): not to exceed two pages in length. The impact of the research, scholarly or creative accomplishment should be described, as well as the significance of the accomplishment within their educational experience.
- Exemplar: One sample of the accomplishment (i.e. submitted/published paper or poster, picture of artifact, video of recital or performance) accompanied by a description (not to exceed 250 words) suitable for a general audience identifying the student’s role in the project, and its significance within their discipline.
- Student CV and unofficial transcript
Award winners will be selected in March 2019. For further information and question please contact Mae DeBruin at the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs.