The campus community is invited to attend a reception recognizing the CSULB Alumni Association 2008 Grant Recipients on Thursday, April 10, at 4 p.m. at The Pointe in The Walter Pyramid.
This year’s recipients are:
- University Art Museum, exhibit program equipment, Ilee Kaplan
- Art Department/Sculpture Program, kiln and crucibles for furnace, Bryan Crockett
- Dance Department, audio/visual upgrade for dance studios, Cyrus Parker-Jeannette
- Daily 49er/DIG Magazine, video cameras for Daily 49er and DIG Magazine, Barbara Kingsley-Wilson
- Geography Department, technology and visualization enhancements, Vincent Del Casino
- Intramural Sports and Wellness, canopy, Glenn McDonald
- Learning Assistance Center, mobile tutorial white boards, Gen Ramirez
- Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, control laboratory improvement, Bei Lu
- Nursing Department, medication dispenser cart, Loucine Huckabay
- Teacher Resource Center, subject specific pedagogy software, computer, laser printer, Jan Condou
The association awarded a total of $57,333 to 10 departments as part of its Alumni Grants Program. To date, more than $380,000 has been distributed through this program in its 17 years of existence. Funds for the grants are generated from various programs, including royalties from the CSULB Alumni Association “Beach” credit card and other selected services, and proceeds from commencement flower sales.
To attend the reception, contact Kristin Landucci at 562/985-2828 by Monday, April 7.