The campus community is invited to help recognize the CSULB Alumni Association 2007 Grant recipients at a reception on Thursday, March 15 at 4 p.m. at The Pointe.
The association will award a total of $35,790 to 10 departments as part of the Alumni Grants Program. In the past 16 years, more than $325,000 has been awarded through this program.
To attend the reception, contact Sally Schliesmayer at 562/985-1606 by March 9.
The 2007 recipients are:
- Athletics – for display signage to promote athletics events (Jamie Pollock)
- Biological Sciences – for a cadaver for human anatomy courses (Kelly Young)
- Computer Engineering and Computer Science – for robotics equipment (Colleen van Lent)
- College of Education – for start-up equipment for Teacher Resource Center (Jan Condou)
- Library, Special Collections – for preservation of original art/photography prints (Kristie French)
- Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering – for a vibration test system (Bei Lu)
- Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at CSULB – for storage cabinets (Barbara McClinton)
- Science Learning Center – for exhibit materials (Jim McKibben)
- Theatre Arts Department – for theatre arts showcase lighting equipment (Anne D’Zmura)
- University Police – for equipment for Rape Aggression Defense Training (Ami Rzasa)
Funds for the grants are generated from various programs, including royalties from the CSULB Alumni Association “Beach” credit card and other selected services, and proceeds from commencement flowers sales.