Effective Jan. 1, Vision Service Plan (VSP) began providing administration of vision benefits and claims on behalf of the employer-paid California State University (CSU) Vision Plan. VSP is replacing Medical Eye Services (MES)/Blue Shield, which administered CSU vision benefits through Dec.31.
If you are currently enrolled in benefits, the enrollment into the new vision plan is automatic.
The following benefit plan enhancements are offered to eligible CSU employees:
- The in-network frame allowance increases from $90 to $95
- The out-of-network frame allowance increases from $45 to $60
- The in-network contact lens allowance increases from $110 to $120
- Polycarbonate lenses for children in-network up to age 23, instead of age 12
- Discounts of approximately 15 percent for laser correction surgery are available
For more information, visit the VSP Web site is www.vsp.com. Additional communication materials regarding VSP will be available in the near future. If you need assistance, contact Benefits Services at 562/985-2120.