The CSULB Alumni Association awarded a total of $32,500 to eight departments as part of the 2006 Alumni Grants Program. In the past 15 years, more than $293,020 has been awarded through this program.
This year’s recipients are:
- Associated Students, Inc.: Beach Pride Victory Flag, Jamie Pollock.
California History/Social Science Project: production of DVDs for teacher education classes, Francine Curtis.
- Earl Burns Miller Japanese Garden: develop visitor’s orientation and information kiosk, Jeanette Schelin.
- Library, Special Collections: preservation of original art/photo prints, Kristie French.
- Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering: purchase CCD camera for thermo-fluid diagnostic system, Hamid Rahai.
- Marine Lab: equipment replacement, aquaculture enhancement, Kim Anthony.
- Science Learning Center and Mobile Science Museum: enhanced science exhibit materials, Jim McKibben.
- Theatre Arts Department: theatre curtain runner track system, Anne D’Zmura.
Funds for the grants are generated from various programs, including royalties from the CSULB Alumni Association “Beach” credit card and other selected services, and proceeds from commencement flowers sales.