Free Admission Continues for Faculty/Staff to Athletic EventsPublished: March 15, 2010
The CSULB Athletic Department has announced that it will open its doors to CSULB faculty and staff for free admission to all home sporting events during the 2009-10 seasons. The new admission plan is being put in place during the difficult economic times.
Each CSULB faculty and staff member may receive up to two free tickets per athletic event, with the opportunity to purchase additional tickets at a discounted rate. Certain home athletic events will be considered blackout dates in which no free tickets will be available to faculty and staff.
“The CSULB faculty and staff are a vital part to the support system of our athletic program,” said Dedan Brozino, director of marketing and corporate partnerships for 49er Athletics. ”We understand the difficult times that the State of California and the CSU system are facing. We hope that a special offer such as this will go a long way in continuing to advance campus support for athletics as well as boost faculty and staff morale in this difficult time.”
The following guidelines need to be followed in order to redeem the free ticket offer:
• Faculty/staff must present a university photo I.D. in order to receive the complimentary tickets. Tickets may be picked up on game day, but to avoid lines, it is highly recommended to pick them up as early as one week prior to the athletic event by visiting the Walter Pyramid Box Office (10 a.m.-5:30 p.m.). No phone or Web site orders will be accepted.
• Seating restrictions apply: bench seats (Walter Pyramid) or general admission seats only
• This offer is not good for any postseason events.
2009-10 Blackout Dates include:
• Saturday, Nov. 14, men’s basketball vs. Alaska-Anchorage
• Thursday, Feb. 4. men’s basketball vs. Cal State Fullerton
• Wednesday, March 3, baseball vs. USC
• Friday-Sunday, May 14-16, baseball vs. Cal State Fullerton
• Friday-Sunday, May 28-30, baseball vs. UC Irvine
Blackout dates are subject to change
Please call the Walter Pyramid Box Office at 562/985-4949 with any questions or comments.