Financial Education Workshop SeriesPublished: April 15, 2014
CSULB’s Benefits Services along with its voluntary retirement vendors will be providing a financial education workshop series that can help individuals invest wisely for retirement.
For many, the financial information available today can be overwhelming and it’s often difficult to know exactly what course of action is right for them. Retirement planning does not have to be complicated or confusing and this workshop series will help individuals evaluate their current situation and assist them in setting and pursuing retirement goals.
Six topics will be presented over a three-month period:
- April 14 – Preserving your savings for future generations (Estate Planning)
- April 28 – 21st Century Woman: Building a strong financial future
- May 12 – Social Security and Your Future
- May 27 – Explore Your Options: How to help meet your financial objectives
- June 9 – Tomorrow in Focus
- June 23– Overview of Saving Plus (401(k) and 457 plans)
All workshops will be held at the Barrett Athletic Administration Center from 11:30 a.m.– 12:30 p.m.
Space is limited. Please RSVP by Friday, April 11 by contacting Benefits Services via e-mail or calling 562/985-2381.
After this workshop series is complete, there will be two CalPERS Planning your Retirement Workshops available for individuals to attend. For more information, go to the Benefits Service Website.