Alumni Association’s Grant ReceptionPublished: March 17, 2014
The campus community is invited to congratulate the CSULB Alumni Association’s 2014 grant recipients at a reception on Tuesday, April 15, at 4 p.m. at The Pointe in the Walter Pyramid.
This year the association awarded $49,060 to 10 programs as part of the Alumni Grants Program. Nearly $776,700 has been distributed through this program in its 23-year history. The SchoolsFirst Federal Credit Union is also a sponsor of this program.
This year’s recipients are:
• School of Art, Illustration/Animation: “Whisper Room” Sound Isolation Booth (Aubry Mintz).
• Biological Sciences: Full-figure nervous and circulatory system model (Jacqueline Pal).
• College of Business Administration Student Center for Professional Development: Speakers’ fees for professional development workshops (Eva Espindola).
• Chemistry and Biochemistry: TR3 Rotavapor and Calorimeter for chemistry courses (Krzysztof Slowinski).
• Civil Engineering and Construction Engineering Management: BIM software for Autodesk Revit for Building Design and Construction (Hung Nguyen).
• Disabled Students Services: WorldQ software licenses to improve writing skills (Velma Martin).
—Electrical Engineering and Engineering Technology: Two 3D printers to print parts for robots used during labs (Walter Martinez).
• Journalism and Mass Communications. Refurbished Daily 49er news racks (Dan Olsen and Beverly Munson).
• Library: Non-fiction books for Children’s Collection for teacher education students (Cathy Outten).
• Romance, German, Russian Languages and Literature: Smartroom classroom conversion (Markus Muller).
To attend the reception, please contact Janet Gonzales by e-mail or by calling 562/985-7022 so proper accommodations can be planned.