CSULB Education WeekPublished: March 17, 2014
CSULB Education Week, held Monday-Friday, March 17-21, is a coordinated effort to heighten awareness of College of Education (CED) programs and to make sure students know about the many options available to them. The week of activities and events planned for the week will provide individuals many opportunities to explore programs and possible careers.
A CED information booth will be in front of the University Bookstore March 17-18 with faculty and staff available to answer questions. Each day there will be workshops, student association meetings, and information sessions related to all CED programs.
Some featured events include:
• Monday, March 17 and Tuesday, March 18: Information Booth open from 10:30 a.m.–2:30 p.m., near the University Bookstore
• Monday March 17: Free documentary screening, “Go Public: A Day in the Life of an American School District,” co-sponsored by the College of Education, College of Liberal Arts, Office of the President and the University Art Museum, 7 p.m., Carpenter Center
• Tuesday March 18: Open forum for students to meet with Dean Marquita Grenot-Scheyer for Q&A, feedback, and learning more about the College of Education; 3 p.m., ED1 lobby
• Wednesday March 19: International Education mixer
• Thursday, March 20: GO TEACH Workshop—Pathways to Teaching
• Thursday, March 20: Creating Safe Environments for LGBTQ Students
• Friday, March 21: Education job fair and workshops
For additional information, go to the CSULB Education Week website.