Staff Council Holding Backpack Drive Through Aug. 20Published: August 15, 2013
As part of its community service efforts, CSULB Staff Council is collecting backpacks filled with school supplies that will be donated to children served by the Long Beach Rescue Mission.
This is the second year for the drive, which received more than 75 backpacks last year, said Staff Council Chair Berta Hanson. Backpacks or financial donations are being collected through Aug. 20. Funds in any amount will be used to buy additional backpacks and contents.
Donors wishing to participate should provide:
• A new solid color backpack
• One 2” hardcover three-ring binder
• One six-pack of red ballpoint pens
• Two one-subject spiral notebooks
• One 12” ruler
• Two packages of loose-leaf college ruled notebook paper
• One large pink eraser
• One 12-pack of blue or black ballpoint pens
• One three-hole plastic pen/pencil holder
• One 12-pack of No. 2 pencils with erasers
• One 8-pack of washable markers
• One package of 3” x 5” lined index cards
• One package of notebook subject dividers
• One small pencil sharpener
Extra items are discouraged.
Those looking for additional information or who want to arrange a pickup of backpacks or donations, can e-mail Hanson or call 562/985-8798.