Campus Welcome To Help Honor Alumni Grant Recipients April 14Published: April 1, 2011
The campus community is invited to congratulate the CSULB Alumni Association 2011 Grant Recipients at a reception on Thursday, April 14, at 4 p.m. at The Pointe.
The association is proud to award a total of nearly $76,258 to nine departments or programs as part of the Alumni Grants Program. Nearly $600,000 has been distributed through this program in its 20-year history. The SchoolsFirst Federal Credit Union also contributed funding to support this year’s program.
To attend the reception, contact Leticia Lozoya at 562/985-2539 by April 9 so proper accommodations can be planned.
The 2011 recipients are:
- Biological Sciences Dept. — Instrumentation and Computer Packages for Physiology Lab (Kevin M. Kelley).
- Chemistry and Biochemistry Dept. — Equipment for Organic Chemistry Lab Courses (Jeff Cohlberg)
- Civil Engineering and Construction Engineering Management Dept. — Computers and Peripherals for Green Building Information Modeling Lab (Jin-Lee Kim)
- Disabled Student Services — Computer and Video Equipment for Visually Impaired Students (Peter Perbix)
- Institute for Integrated Research in Materials, Environments and Society — Interactive SMART board (Mary Blasius)
- Kinesiology Dept. — Electromyography (EMG) System for Research and Instruction (Will Wu)
- Marketing Dept.: Student Work Stations for Marketing Research Laboratory (Pamela Miles Homer)
- Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering Dept.: Diode Laser Processing Engine (Hamid Rahai)