Nominations for Faculty AwardsPublished: November 17, 2008
Nominations for faculty awards to be presented next spring are now being accepted through the Academic Senate. The list of awards includes the following:
• Outstanding Professor Award
• Nicholas Perkins Hardeman Academic Leadership Award
• Distinguished Faculty Teaching Award
• Distinguished Faculty Advising Award
• Distinguished Faculty Scholarly and Creative Achievement Award
• The Early Academic Career Excellence Award
Nominations for these awards may be submitted by university faculty, staff, administrators, students, and alumni/ae by sending a letter of nomination addressed to the University Awards Committee, with a brief rationale for the nomination, to the Academic Senate Office, AS-112.
Letters of nomination are due no later than the close of business on Monday, Dec. 1.
The Academic Senate Office will notify the nominees of their nomination and provide them with the procedure for application and the criteria for the award.