CSULB Library Internship Application Process
The library’s goal is to host two interns each semester; each from an ALA accredited graduate program.
Applications for the Fall 2013 semester are being accepted until May 16, 2013.
To apply to intern at the CSULB Library, students will do the following:
- Send the following information:
- Cover letter (maximum 1 page)
- Resume (maximum 1 page)
- One letter of reference
- Personal statement that addresses why they wish to intern in an academic library setting, and specifically, why they would like to intern at the CSULB Library (maximum 2 pages)
- to the attention of:
CSULB University Library
1250 Bellflower Blvd.
Long Beach, CA 90840-1901
- or by email to:
- The Internship Coordinator will work with a member of Library Administration to screen applicants based on qualifications and the library’s operational needs.
- Finalists will be invited to interview with the Internship Coordinator and a member of Library Administration.
- One or more interns will be selected and notified.
- Mentors will be assigned to each intern.
- Mentors and interns will confer and agree upon schedules and workload.
In addition to meeting fully its obligations of nondiscrimination under federal and state laws, CSULB is committed to creating a community in which a diverse population can learn, live, and work in an atmosphere of tolerance, civility, and respect for the rights and sensibilities of each individual, without regard to economic status, ethnic background, political views, or other personal characteristics or beliefs. An EEO Employer.
Content maintained by Joseph Aubele , Internship Coordinator