Erin’s challenge! I can speak Japanese
- Free Japanese learning website made by the Japan Foundation. There are many visual images on the website. These pictures and videos help you with studying common Japanese expressions and learning about many aspects of Japanese culture.
Genki online; self-study room
- This website offers a variety of online materials to support your learning with Genki textbooks, but you can still use them without them. They have hiragana, katakana, kanji, grammar ,vocabulary and more!
Hiragana Megane (ひらがなめがね）
- This system adds hiragana above the kanji on any web page. Just enter the URL of the Japanese web page you want to view.
- "mic-J" stands for ‘Multimedia-supported, Interactive and Communicative Japanese instruction.’ This is a very useful website for studying Japanese. This site was designed for international students of the Tokyo Metropolitan University for their self-study, but it is open for anyone who studies Japanese.
- JapanesePod101.com is an innovative, fun, and easy to use language learning system that is designed to get you speaking Japanese from the very first lesson. Learn Japanese at your own convenience and pace with short, effective, and fun audio podcast lessons and a comprehensive, state-of-the-art Learning Center that provides you with the tools to take your Japanese to the next level! (description from the web site)
The Japan Times
- This website is just a simple link to the Japan Times. It isn’t a fantastic newspaper but the website is pretty good and it gives beginning-advanced level Japanese students a chance to check out what is going on in Japan. It is in English and therefore applicable to all levels. Another newspaper site to check out (for more advanced levels) is the Asahi Shinbun.
The Tokyo Food Page
- This bento (lunchbox) page is great for all kinds of recipes that are eaten on a daily-base in Japan. The site has both English and Japanese language versions. For those of you who are die-hard fans of great Japanese food, this site could become very useful.