Use the Special Access feature to override the availability and timing settings of a quiz for specific users. Special Access is set up in the Restrictions tab of a quiz.
Note: For the selected students, the Special Access date/timing settings override the regular date and timing options set on the Restrictions tab. If you change the general date/timing on the Restrictions tab, it will not change Special Access date/timing that has already been set.
- Click on the Restrictions tab.
Note: Under Special Access, the default is "Allow selected users special access to this quiz." This means all students can see and take the quiz, but selected students will be given different start/end dates and timing. The second option, "Allow only users with special access to see this quiz," means only the students selected will even be able to see and take the quiz.
- Once you have selected a special access option, click the Add Users to Special Access button to add special access permissions.
- Check the boxes beside any of the special access types, and fill in the appropriate fields. Special access can include a unique start and end date, time limit, grace period, and submission requirements. For example, if you want to provide an extended grace period to users that have special access, check Assign special grace period and fill in the applicable time limit (in minutes) in the Grace Period text box.
- Check the boxes beside the users you want to assign special access to.
- Click Add Special Access.
- Increase the quiz time limit for special-needs users.
- Allow individual users to have different start and end dates.
- Create a restricted quiz for users who need a make-up quiz.