The 2nd annual Downtown Long Beach Alliance’s (DLBA) Woman-Owned Business Accelerator, in partnership with the Institute for Innovation & Entrepreneurship at California State University Long Beach, is designed to assist existing Downtown businesses owned by a woman and providing grant funds in an effort to support costs associated with business retention and/or expansion. The DLBA Economic Development Committee will award up to two woman-owned businesses, not to exceed $10,000 in total grant money. Interested parties must submit an online application between 8/13/18 and 9/5/18 for consideration. Only existing Downtown woman-owned businesses will be considered for the grant program.
8/13/2018: Application start date
9/5/2018: Application close date
9/7/2018: UP TO 2 Finalists nominated
9/13/2018: DLBA PitchFest & Award Date
- Must be located within the DLBA’s Property Based Improvement District (PBID).
- Must be a for profit business.
- Must have an active Downtown Long Beach business license located within the PBID boundaries.
- Must have less than 24 employees.
- Up to two winners with a total award amount of $10,000
- Each award given requires matching funding.
- Contact Adam Carrillo, DLBA Economic Development Director with questions at (562) 485-3130
Learn more about the award and participation requirements (PDF).