2nd Annual DLBA Entrepreneurship Education Series!
The Entrepreneurship Education Series is a partnership between the IIE and the Downtown Long Beach Alliance (DLBA). The series is focused on providing the tools and skills needed to start and run a successful business for existing and potential downtown business owners, entrepreneurs, start-ups, and small business owners. Certificates will be provided to those who complete the entire program. And this program will award UP TO 7 businesses from a $20,000 total award bucket which includes DPIA BID assessment fee reimbursement for each winner.
Week 1: The Value of a Business Plan, April 7
- Starting a Business
- Business Planning
Week 2: Your Marketing Plan, April 14
- Writing your Marketing Plan
- How to do Digital Marketing
Week 3: Financial Aspects of Your Business, April 21
- Accounting Basics
- Human Resource Basics
Week 4: Where to Locate Your Business, April 28
- Site Selection
- Negotiating a Lease
Week 5: Legal and HR Questions, May 5
- Legal Structure
- Funding Opportunities
- PitchFest Presentation Break Out
Week 6: PitchFest and a certificate ceremony, May 12
- Participants that have attended all 10 modules will walk out with a certificate and a self-developed business plan in hand
- Pitchfest is for all qualified potential award recipients to present their business plan to the award committee composed of members from DLBA’s Economic Development Committee
This frameset document contains:
CSULB Alumni, Entrepreneur and Long Beach Mayor, Robert Garcia, speaks to the participants at the first meeting of the DLBA Entrepreneurship Education Series! Subscribe to the IIE Youtube channel and watch all our videos.