CSULB Graduate Writing Institute
Friday, December 8, 2017; 9am-4pm
The Graduate Writing Institute (GWI) provides an intensive, full-day writing opportunity for students seeking a structured writing space with access to support from CSU/UC faculty and writing staff, including individualized writing consultations.
The GWI is FREE for all CSULB post-baccalaureate students (credential, masters, certificate, doctoral) and undergraduate honors students. It is ideal for students completing a class paper, thesis/dissertation, research project, statement of purpose, writing sample, or résumé/CV.
The GWI format includes:
- Structured writing space in a quiet, distraction-free setting;
- Professional development in small-group seminars on quantitative and qualitative methods/data analysis;
- Individualized writing consultation meetings to address specific writing needs including:
- Literature review
- Methods – quantitative and qualitative
- Data analysis – quantitative and qualitative
- Implications of findings/conclusion
- Writing semantics, style, organization, clarity, argumentation
- Thesis formatting
How to Register
Students may register for the Graduate Writing Institute by visiting the GSRC in Library 504. There is no charge to attend and free lunch/snacks will be provided. Students interested in registering will be asked to provide a refundable $20 check or cash at the time of registration. Your $20 will be returned to you on the day of the Graduate Writing Institute. Space is limited.