This page is dedicated to the class of 1969 in honor of their 50th anniversary.
We hope all Golden Graduates will return to campus in Fall 2019 to reconnect and reminisce with the alumni, faculty, staff, and friends who helped shape our alma mater. We look forward to welcoming each and every alumni from 1950-1969 and presenting the Class of 1969 with their very own Golden Graduates Society medal!
Class of 1969 50th Reunion and Golden Graduates Celebration
Friday, September 27
SAVE THE DATE
1969 Current Events :
- Apollo 10: 4th manned mission to orbit the moon.
- Apollo 11: Apollo 11 blasted off on July 16, 1969. Neil Armstrong, Edwin "Buzz" Aldrin and Michael Collins were the astronauts on Apollo 11. “First men to step on the moon. That's one small step for [a] man, one giant leap for mankind”.
- Vietnamization: President Nixon announces withdrawal of 25,000 troops from Vietnam.
- August 15 – 18: Establishment of Woodstock: 400,000 people in attendance for a New York music festival that featured legendary acts like Jimi Hendrix and Janice Joplin. Community of empathetic people towards various causes that focused on peaceful living and kindness towards one another.
- Stonewall Riots: the riots now act as a symbolic force for the continued gay rights movement.
- The start of the iconic children’s televisions show; Sesame Street.
- January 30: The Beatles last public performance. On the roof of Apple records
- Charles Manson: Members of the cult murder five people.
- October 15: Vietnam Moratorium March: Millions march in protest against continuing the war.
- NFL Super Bowl 3 Champions: New York Jets
- NBA Champions: The Boston Celtics
- MLB Champions: New York Mets
- Stanley Cup Champions: Montreal Canadiens