This page is dedicated to the class of 1968 in honor of their 50th anniversary.
We hope all Golden Graduates will return to campus in Fall 2018 to reconnect and reminisce with the alumni, faculty, staff, and friends who helped shape our alma mater. We look forward to presenting each and every alumni from 1950-1968 with their very own Golden Graduates Society medal!
1968 Current Events :
- Vietnam War: Tet Offensive
- April 4 : Assassination of Martin Luther King Jr.
- June 5: Robert F. Kennedy assassination
- September 30: Boeing introduces the first 747 “Jumbo Jet”
- October 16: U.S. athletes take a stand at the Summer Olympics against racial discrimination
- December 24: Apollo 8 is the first manned spacecraft to orbit the moon
- Intel Corporation was created by Gordon Moore and Robert Noyce
- Beatles released “White Album” – reached number one spot on music charts in both UK AND US
- 10th Winter Olympics held in France
- Emergency 911 Telephone Service is started in the USA
- First Philadelphia Bank installs the first ATM in the US
- World Series Champions: Detroit Tigers
- Superbowl II Champions: Green Bay Packers
- NBA Champions: Boston Celtics
- Stanley Cup Champs: Montreal Canadiens
- U.S. Open Golf Lee Trevino
- U.S. Tennis: (Men/Ladies) Arthur Ashe/Virginia Wade
- Wimbledon (Men/Women): Rod Laver/Billie Jean King
- NCAA Football Champions: Ohio State
- NCAA Basketball Champions: UCLA
- Kentucky Derby: Forward pass