Risk Management is a service area of California State University Long Beach Division of Administration and Finance. In its capacity, Risk Management aids in the administration and facilitation of campus programs in order to minimize risks to students, employees and visitors to the campus. Risk Management also makes recommendations and takes action to reduce the risk of loss or damage to university owned property.
Risk Management is responsible for providing advice and information, as well as coordinating all risk management functions, to those with program responsibilities. This includes assistance with risk identification and evaluation, special events certification, insurance review and compliance, issuing certificates of insurance when required, providing liability waivers and field trip risk assessment.
Risk Management provides additional services to students, faculty and staff including assisting with the purchase of special events insurance, foreign travel insurance and business property insurance.
Insurance and Risk Management 101 training is available through the training link in the left navigation of this page.
- Certificates of Insurance
- Completing Automobile Accident Forms and Claim Process
- CSU Insurance Requirements
- Field Trip Guidelines
- Filing a Claim Against CSULB
- Procurement of Foreign Travel Insurance
- Sale or Service of Alcoholic Beverages
- Travel - Risk Assessment
- Travel - Guidelines for International Travel (PDF)
- Use of University and Privately Owned Vehicles on University Business
- Guide to Waivers and Releases
University Insurance Program
- Comprehensive and Collision Vehicle Insurance
- CSU Liability Program
- Foreign Travel Insurance Program
- Real Property Insurance
- Special Event Liability Insurance
- State Motor Vehicle Liability Self-Insurance
- Student Travel Accident Insurance
- Student Academic Field Experience for Credit Liability Insurance Program
- Student Professional Liability Insurance Program (SPLIP)