The online employee prevention trainings listed below are required by federal, state, and University policy to train employees on appropriately preventing, identifying, and reporting forward discrimination, harassment, and retaliation (DFEH Pamphlet (PDF)).
Discrimination, Harassment, & Retaliation (DHR-Nonsupervisor) Prevention in the Workplace
The DHR training is a 30-45 minute mandatory training completed every year by employees who do not manage employees or student workers. You may take this training in one sitting or stop and save as you go. This training is required, by the Chancellor, of all employees (Staff, Faculty, Managers, and Student Employees) every year. It is mandated by federal law and annual completion is required. We encourage you to print your certificate of completion for your department’s records.
Online Training Access and Instructions
Please follow the steps below to access your prevention trainings within your Assigned Learning folder:
- Select any web browser, except Microsoft Internet Explorer. This web browser is not supported by the training.
- Systemwide Skillport Training Website
- Sign-on with your campus ID number and password
- Select “View My Plan” tab
- Select “Assigned Learning” tab and identify the assigned course in your training plan
- Click “Launch” to begin training program
- Maximize the training window, or adjust your View to Zoom out, so that you may access the training navigation buttons on the bottom right of the screen.
*The training uses the same single sign-on username (Campus ID#) and password you use to access your campus email, MyCSULB, BeachBoard, etc. If you believe that you may need to reset your password, please contact the campus Technology Help Desk at 562.985.4959. If you believe you received this email in error or you are no longer an active employee with CSULB, please contact Equity & Diversity at 562-985-8256 or email@example.com.
Please note: The training is fully automated and PeopleSoft driven. This being the case, we are unable to extend deadlines, and as long as you are an active employee with the campus (in our PeopleSoft system) you will continue to receive weekly reminders to complete the training.
Skillsoft supports the following browsers, which all support TLS 1.2:
- Microsoft Edge v14+ (Windows 10 only)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 11 (Windows 7, 8.1, 10)
- Google Chrome v63+ (Windows 7, 8.1, 10)
- Mozilla Firefox v52+ (Windows 7, 8.1, 10)
- Apple Safari v10.1+ (macOS only)
Skillsoft will be dropping support for Microsoft Internet Explorer versions 10 and earlier, which do not support TLS 1.2 by default. Users attempting to use a browser that does not support TLS 1.2 will be unable to connect to Skillsoft hosted services after June 1, 2018. If you are having technical difficulties, please contact your department IT representative for assistance and provide them with a copy of this webpage so they can troubleshoot and assist you.
To obtain further information regarding these trainings, please contact Equity & Diversity at 562.985.8256. Questions regarding Sexual Harassment or Sexual Misconduct Prevention training should be directed to the Title IX office.
Equity & Diversity Trainings
Equity & Diversity provides training for campus constituents related to discrimination, harassment, and retaliation. To request an in-person department or division training from Equity & Diversity please contact our office at 562.985.8256.