12th Grade Calendar
- Review your high school four-year plan.
- Discuss your college plans with your parents and begin saving money for the application and test fees.
- Ask local colleges about high-school university programs.
- Have your counselor evaluate your records for college admission requirements. Obtain college admission applications and housing information.
- Register to take admissions tests (SAT, ACT, SAT Subject Tests) for your college choices.
- Write to colleges requesting specific information and plan college visits.
- Inquire about scholarships at your career center and apply.
- Start the CSU Applications.
- Visit the college(s) of your choice if possible.
- Attend college center day events/college fairs to further investigate the college(s) of your choice.
- Request recommendations from teachers and counselors for college applications.
January through February
- Apply for financial aid: FAFSA or CSS/Financial Aid Profile.
- Submit it between January 1 and March 2.
- Submit CAL Grant application by March 2.
- A school official must record your grade point average on the application.
March through April
- Submit all supplementary documents to colleges and financial aid institutions.
May through June
- The deadline for the CSU Educational Opportunity Program (EOP) is May 15 (varies by CSU campus).
- Admissions notifications come out in April for private colleges and in mid May for the CSU system.
- Request final transcripts be sent to the college(s) of your choice.
* Know your deadlines. Make sure applications and all materials are sent and received on time.
* Carefully read all correspondence from colleges.
* If you want additional college information, contact your high-school counselor or the university you are planning to attend.
* Get good grades. Courses continue to count throughout the year.