11th Grade Calendar
- Inquire about scholarships at your career center and apply;
- Ask local colleges about high-school university programs.
- Sign up to take the PSAT/NQT (Preliminary Scholastic Aptitude Test and National Qualifying Test). Have a counselor review your records and plan for your senior year;
- Make sure you are taking college preparatory classes;
- Get involved in extra-curricular activities;
- Keep your grades up.
- Discuss college choices with other college bound classmates;
- Talk over possible choices with family and counselors;
- Keep a list of colleges and career interests;
- Talk with the college representatives that visit your high school.
January through February
- Visit various college campuses during the holidays and semester break;
- Review PSAT scores with your counselor as well as with math and English teachers;
- Consult on how you might improve your scores;
- Inquire about college summer programs;
- Register to take the SAT/ACT;
- Choose your top five colleges, and visit them and collect information about each campus;
- Explore careers in depth.
May through June
- Take Early Assessment Program; test results will show if you are prepared for college level English or math
- Register for summer school;
- Visit college campuses during the summer.