LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION
Give this information
to faculty, employers, or other appropriate individuals to help
them develop a recommendation for a job, scholarship, portfolio,
award, etc. Please be as detailed as possible. It is recommended
you present this in person, or at least have a follow up conversation.
- Date of request
- Date recommendation due (need 7+ days notice)
- Student's name (your name)
- I am applying for the following (job, scholarship, award, etc.)
- Name of organization, committee,
- Sample of request letter:
I would appreciate your letter
of recommendation to support my application. For your convenience
I am including the following information. I have also attached a
copy of the application requirements. Please do not hesitate to
contact me at (phone number and/or email address),
for additional information or clarification.
- Overall GPA
- Number of semesters have you
been in school?
- Academic major
- Indicate whether you would like to pick up the recommendation or have the recommendation mailed.
- Educational &
- Hardships & challenges
- Personal characteristics supporting potential for success
- Noteworthy achievements
- Applicable work, educational
or volunteer experience
- Other useful information