The mission for the First Year Experience (FYE) Program is to facilitate the successful transition of first year undergraduate students to the university through the provision of programs and services designed to introduce students to critical programs, services and resources as well as connect them to the university and fellow students.
The First Year Experience's 5 major goals are to:
Attend or complete a minimum of 10 FYE workshops in your first year at CSULB by attending at least 1 Category A, Category I, and Category L workshop. Students may only count 1 Category E workshop towards their FYE Certificate.
See Certificate Requirements for more information.
How to Talk to Your Prof (Category A)
Date: October 1 @ 11:00am
Date: October 7 @ 12:00pm
Students who register to attend this session will::
• Receive advice from faculty about being a CSULB student
• Learn about classroom etiquette and faculty expectations
• Join faculty for lunch and small group discussions.
*FYE Members Only Event: Only students registered for this event may attend.
Nutrition 101 (Category L)
Date: October 2
Time: 3:00am - 4:00pm
Location: USU - 305
During this event, students will:
• Learn how to develop a healthy eating plan
• Understand the impact of diet on long-term health
• Learn about nutritional counseling & support at CSULB
Study Strategies (Category A)
Date: October 8
Time: 11:00am - 12:00pm
Location: USU - 205
In this session students will:
• Learn how to use effective study strategies
• Pick up organizational tips that facilitate learning
• Practice creating effective and useful study tools
First Year Experience (FYE) Program
First-year students are encouraged to participate in the First-Year Experience (FYE) Success Series, designed to assist students in their transition to CSULB through the provision of critical information, resources, and programs. Students who complete the FYE Certificate requirements will earn a Certificate of Completion and invitation to a special end of year celebration. Click here to read more about the FYE Program.